Wintertime always renews my love for tea and it seems to do the same for my adult children. Amidst the gift-giving, each asks for some of my chai mix, a knock-off recipe of Starbucks' famed Chai Tea Latte.
At the same time, it's well-known that regular the Chai Tea at Starbucks is LOADED with sugar (more than a Snickers bar!). So, this homemade recipe not only allows me to have great chai tea at a fraction of the cost, but it allows me to significantly reduce the sugar intake, something important to me as I try to maintain a respectable diet.
So, to help us northerners usher in the winter season, here’s my recipe for Starbucks' chai tea latte you can make at home. I like it better than any mix I have tried commercially and once you get it perfected, you'll have a difficult time differentiating it from what you can get a Starbucks. Give it a try this next week and let me know what you think.
1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1 cup French Vanilla flavored powdered non-dairy creamer
1.5 cups white sugar*
* Some use 2.5 cups of sugar, but even using 2 cups makes it too sweet for some. Sugar can always be added. I may even try this with just one cup of sugar.
* Make sure you use just the one teaspoon of cloves.
* Please don’t skip the cardamom; if you shop around a bit, you can find it reasonably, and it keeps well.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl to be it as evenly mixed as possible.
- In small batches, mix in a food processor/blender (like this one) until you have a fine powder.
- Whisk the final total batch to ensure even consistency of ingredients.
Mix 2 heaping tablespoons with a cup of hot water (adjust to your own taste) and enjoy!
Let me know whether you like it or not.
Achieve Your Goals!
What if you could accomplish your goals once and for all? What would life be like if you got THREE big goals done this year? It'd be AMAZING! This "3 x 5 Goal-Getting" guide keeps you focused and on-track to get 5 big goals DONE this year. It's a strategic once-a-month process that doesn't replace your daily planning routine. All of the instructions are included... and it's FREE. I want this year to be your best yet in your life and leadership.