A hot shower makes camping go better. It’s camping season again and we’re all scouring for the best gear to take. This is the best solar shower for me. So, if you’re asking, “What is the best solar shower?” or “Which solar shower works the best?” or “Which solar shower is the best quality?” … this is it.
For those of us who camp where there’s no power or hot water, and who like a few comforts along the way, a hot shower is a real blessing. I’m going to save you a lot of time, frustration, and disappointment: The Advanced Elements 3 Gallon Summer Solar Shower is the only solar shower to get. They have discontinued the 2.5 gallon version (what you see in the picture above), but the 3 gallon works just fine (pictured below) and actually has a few more features (i.e. mesh pocket). Don’t go for the bigger 5-gallon bags, just get two of these instead. This one will be your favorite.
I’ve tried five of the leading models and sizes and this one has consistently outperformed the rest in marginal weather (all solar showers can heat water on hot sunny days) and been the most popular with the people I take on trips. Here’s why:
- It’s smaller size warms up quicker and on days where warmth and the sunshine are limited.
- The personal size makes it easier for folks who would have trouble hoisting 5 gallons of water up above their heads.
- Its design has been proven against larger designs and other models, even again this year (2016) in Florida.
- I’m seeing more and more of these with the experienced campers who camp where we go.
- They’ve proven their reliability: I’ve got two that have been reliably used for 3+ years each in the Boundary Waters and remote Florida settings.
I’ve had people contact me and thank me for recommending this to them. In fact, someone recently bought 8 of these for their upcoming Boundary Waters trip. Be sure to grab an extra while you’re ordering as a backup…. or a gift to another outdoor person in your life.